The following is a copy of the changelog.txt file.
8.0.0 not yet published. Scheduled for aug 1 2021
Version 8: Better settings page, Faster code, Less http requests, Less disk accesses
If you want to test this version install the latest version: 8.0.00.022
You can mail me any comments on version 8 on this address
- Restructured and greatly simplified settings page. Removed obsolete and redundant settings. Made the layout more friendly.
- Photo of the day admin page is now in the Settings page under Photos.
- To create albums or upload photos can only be done by logged in users, you can no longer configure these features for loggedout visitors.
- Custom css settings are being fased out. One is encouraged to move that to the wp customizer. On the settings page you will only see the custom css items that are not empty. The help text encourages you to move the content to the wp customizer.
- Ajax method changed. No longer possible to choose between admin or non admin ajax. Ajax is always activated, because there can no longer be conflicts due to inaccessibility of both ajax files from the frontend by http request.
- Photo count treshold has been removed because one can select a childrens image as cover image of any album.
- Nice scroller is no longer loaded on mobile devives. Scrollbars on mobile are nice enough by themselves and this improves performance.
- Removed WPPA+ Text widget. You can now use the WP Custom HTML widget instead.
- HTML in descriptions is now automatically allowed for those users who have HTML edit rights.
- Widgets do no longer show up anywhere if the corresponding feature is not enabled. e.g. Notify widget - Enable email. etc.
- The shortcode to display the most recently uploaded photo did not work when additionally the album was specified e.g.
[wppa type="photo" photo="#last,12"][wppa type="photo" album="12" photo="#last"]. Fixed. Works also for
- Fixed a slideshow filmstrip layout issue for theme twentytwentyone.
- Fixed lightbox layout issues when panorama and standard photos were mixed
- The max simultaneous ajax requests during resequencing photos is now limited to 10. This prevents db errors due to too many open db instances.