The following is a copy of the changelog.txt file.
Version 8: Better settings page, Faster code, Less http requests, Less disk accesses
8.0.10 Jan 06 2022
- Security fix: The logfile was prone to XSS attacks. Fixed.
- Added option 'Same as filmthumb' to the links on slideshow images. This makes sense only for links on filmthubs to lightbox. This construction will transfer the click on slide image to filmstrip image. This is to overcome the restriction that links from slideshow to lightbox do not support zoomable and panoramic images. This will only work when the filmstrip is not disabled. Note that zoomable and panoramic images on lightbox do not show name, description, rating etc below the image.
- Users without album admin rights are now also allowed to copy the 'admins choice' photos to their granted album; i.e. for non album admin righted users, clicking
My choiceno longer returns an error when Advanced settings -> System -> i -> Item 31: Admins choice action is set to To album or To album and zip.
- In the shortcode [wppa type="choice"], the attribute
admin=""may contain a comma seperated list of users to display in the box. This list used to be a list of display names, it now may also be a list of login names (or a mix), e.g.:
[wppa type="choice" admin="kimmy,opajaap"] (login names)
[wppa type="choice" admin="Kimmy,opajaap"] (mixed)
[wppa type="choice" admin="Kimmy,Opa Jaap"] (display names)
are all valid shortcodes.
Note 1: All names are case sensitive.
Note 2: This specification to limit the display does not exist in the widget implementation but you can put the shortcode in a text widget.
If you want to show your own zipfile only: Tick Advanced settings -> System -> I -> Item 30: Admins choice me only. This works on the widget also.
- When the 'Admins choice' selection includes tagging the photo, it will now be tagged by the users displayname rather than user-<userid>.
- Added maintenance procedure Advanced settings -> Maintenance -> III: One time conversions -> Item 3 to convert old style Choice generated tags to new style tags.
- Corrected (lowered) wheel zoom sensitivity on panoramic and zoomable images for browsers other than chrome.
- On new sites one did not have the rights to change the photo of the day settings. Fixed.
8.0.9 Dec 18 2021
- The photo updated flag will now also be set when the photo hes been re-uploaded.
- Update photo new style dialog did not close when used on a thumbnail due to a js error. Fixed.
- In import and upload, when called directly from the album admin table, the requested album was no longer pre-selectd. Fixed.
- Fixed various issues caused by caching and delaying.
- New setting in Advanced settings -> New -> Item 4: Modified Photo, added a checkbox. If checked, a modified photo will also set the album as being modified.
8.0.8 Dec 01 2021
- Improved smartness of caching. On changing photos, albums, adding comments and ratings etc., only the affected cachefiles will be cleared.
- Fixed film thumbnail titles.
- Calendars (non real) did no longer work. Fixed.
- Fixed erroneously stripped tags in descriptions.
- New settings Advanced settings -> System -> Items 41: Caching overrule and 42: Delay overrule. To globally overrule the shortcode and widget settings.
There are 3 options: 1. do not overrule, 2. always as possible and 3. never.
8.0.7 Nov 11 2021
- Security release. All querystring args are now processed and sanitized in one function wppa_get() in wppa-input.php
- Role specific upload limits did no longer work. Fixed.
- Popups on masonry thumbnails did not work when links on thumbnails differ from lightbox. Fixed.
- Rightclick on thumbnail or thumbnail popup allows you to open the link in a new tab, if No rightclick is not on.
- Title of the QR widget was wrong and not editable. Fixed.
- Linktypes 'The photos in the author(s) albums, slideshow' and 'All the authors photos, slideshow' for the BestOf widget/shortcode did not work. Fixed.
- Fixed issues caused by tags that contain single quotes.
- Custom datafields could only be updated by users that had unfiltered_html capability. Fixed.
- One can no longer cache the stats widget, its useless.
- Fixed a conflict with plugin Page Load Ajax.
- Added menu item Search. Opens a page with the green search bar like on the album table. Required capability is equal to that for Album Admin.
- If comments are disabled, the menu item to manage comments will no longer show up.
- Fixed various typos in texts.
- Frontend edit photo New style will automatically update the displayed name and description in the slideshow.
8.0.6 oct 05 2021
- New setting options to Basic settings -> Thumbnails -> II: Thumbnail display options -> Item 4: Thumbnail comcount. Enables you to select a userrole, and show the number of comments given by userts with that role separately, only visible to users of that role.
- Pagination is now switched off when a photo enumeration is given.
- Fixed wrong links when photo names in urls is activated.
- In case of duplicate names in 'names in urls' they will not be converted to avoid confusion.
- When photo names in urls, slideshow always started at the first slide, also when a link expected a specific item. Fixed.
- Fix first found in cover image selection did not result in less db queries that was the objective of the feature. Fixed.
8.0.5 sep 30 2021
- New shortcode type: grid. New attribute photos. Typical use: [wppa type="grid" photos="1.2.5..19"], [wppa type="grid" album="5"] optionally size= and align= as usual in wppa shortcodes.
- New setting: Basic settings -> Links -> II: Links from standard images -> Item 8: Grid. Grid photo link.
- New setting: Basic settings -> Misc -> I: Miscellaneous settings -> Item 9: Grid video controls. Show the video controms on a video in a grid display.
- New setting: Basic settings -> Search -> I: Search albums and photos features related settings -> Item 35: Show empty search. Display empty search message.
- Fixed a fatal error on the Album admin pages, that happened only when not admin and photo order restricted.
- Basic settings -> Misc -> I -> Item 3: Default coverphoto selection, has an extra checkbox named Fix first found. This shows only when a random method is selected. When checked, the first found will be registered as fixed cover image. The Reset all checkbox enables you to reset all the fixed coverimages.
- Dropped the selection item Compressed for pretty links as it often does not work correctly.
- Filmstrip layout was wrong when the size arg was used in the shortcode. Fixed.
- WPPA now uses wp-jquery-ui-dialog css file, and code has been changed to be compatible with it, to avoid conflicts with other plugins that use it also.
8.0.4 sep 21 2021
- Settings page will no longer crash when the php implementation does not support the exec() command.
- Fixed inconsistent behaviour of 'slideshow wrap around' feature.
- Improved behaviour of popup thumbnails. They come up now correctly.
- New setting: Basic settings -> Slideshow -> IV -> Item 14: Easing formula.
- New setting: Basic settings -> Lightbox -> I -> Item 28: Easing formula.
- New setting: Basic settings -> Thumbnails -> III -> Item 9: Popup easing formula.
- You can now combine thumbnail popups with all available thumbnail links, so also lightbox.
- Albums now have a status. Publish is the default, Private: only visible to loggedin visitors, Hidden: only visible to admin and superusers.
- Mailing unsubscribe links failed. Fixed.
- Improved algorithm to clear non-wppa caches.
- Corrected and extended helptext in titles (balloons) on the Album Admin -> Edit Album Information page.
- Hotfix 8.0.04.007: Current values of input and selections did not show up on the settings page. Fixed.
8.0.3 sep 08 2021
- Extended alternate ajax methods and fixed certain links. If frontend ajax links do not work, you can select different ajax methods on Advanced settings -> System -> I Item 5: Ajax method. ('Normal' is default). 'Classic' is like pre ver 8 method 'Ajax non admin' ticked, Backend method is like pre ver 8 'Ajax non admin' unticked (uses admin-ajax).
- If frontend upload does not work (give errors) set Advanced settings -> Users -> I Item 5.1: Upload Ajax method to 'extern' (like classic) or to 'backend' (uses admin-ajax). ('normal' is default).
- Note on upload. If you want users to upload to sites that have a site password, i.e. where users do not need to login with their name, treat them as non logged in. To allow uploads in this case: tick the box in Advanced settings -> Users -> I Item 32: Upload logout, and make sure the owners of the albums allowed to upload to are set to ---public---.
- If you do not use the widget or the upload shortcode but let them upload using the album cover link, make sure empty albums are not skipped, to allow the first upload. See Basic settings -> Albums -> II Item 7: Skip empty albums.
- Plugin All in One SEO tampers the internal wppa occurrance counters because it renders the page before the actual page building. This results in certain links not working like the link from an image in a widget to a landing page, because the landing shortcode is no longer the first occurrance. Provided a fix for this by resetting the counters at the end of the the process that builds the page header.
- Switching off manual control on a spheric panorama caused a js error resulting in not displaying the image. Fixed.
- The documentation site https://wppa.nl now shows the version 8 settings.
- Fixed a problem in scheduled renewing crypts. The time interval is now correctly obeyed.
- Cache is now cleared when a maintenance procedure has completed.
8.0.2 aug 24 2021
- Re-added the feature that non loggedin users can upload photos. Be careful wit this, especially make sure moderating is on.
See Advanced settings -> Users -> I Item 32: Upload logout, and Advanced settings -> Admin -> II Item 11: Upload moderation. Added an admin notice about this if applicable.
- Fixed frontend upload issues.
- Added option Advanced settings -> System -> I Item 5: Ajax method. In vertsion 8 the official way to use Ajax at the frontend as documented in the Developers manual was implemented.
Unfortunately this method appears not to work on every site, so i added a selectionbox with 4 options. If certain links at the frontend do not work, try one of the alternate methods.
If frontend upload does not work properly when the progressbar (i.e. ajax upload) is on, try one of the alternate methods listed in Advanced settings -> Users -> I Item 5.1: Upload Ajax method
8.0.1 aug 10 2021
- Re-added the WPPA+ text widget for backward compatibility.
- All querystring items now have a value. This fixes the fact that isset() returns false when the value is null, leading to certain links not working proprtly.
- Improved algorithm for lazy load on mobile devices.
8.0.0 aug 04 2021
- Restructured and greatly simplified settings page. Removed obsolete and redundant settings. Made the layout more friendly.
See also: this documentation page
- Photo of the day admin page is now in the Settings page under Photos.
- To create albums or upload photos can only be done by logged in users, you can no longer configure these features for loggedout visitors.
- Custom css settings are being fased out. One is encouraged to move that to the wp customizer. On the settings page you will only see the custom css items that are not empty. The help text encourages you to move the content to the wp customizer.
- Ajax method changed. No longer possible to choose between admin or non admin ajax. Ajax is always activated, because there can no longer be conflicts due to inaccessibility of both ajax files from the frontend by http request.
- Photo count treshold has been removed because one can select a childrens image as cover image of any album.
- Nice scroller is no longer loaded on mobile devives. Scrollbars on mobile are nice enough by themselves and this improves performance.
- Removed WPPA+ Text widget. You can now use the WP Custom HTML widget instead.
- HTML in descriptions is now automatically allowed for those users who have HTML edit rights.
- Widgets do no longer show up anywhere if the corresponding feature is not enabled. e.g. Notify widget - Enable email. etc.
- The shortcode to display the most recently uploaded photo did not work when additionally the album was specified e.g.
[wppa type="photo" photo="#last,12"][wppa type="photo" album="12" photo="#last"]. Fixed. Works also for
- Fixed a slideshow filmstrip layout issue for theme twentytwentyone.
- Fixed lightbox layout issues when panorama and standard photos were mixed
- The max simultaneous ajax requests during resequencing photos is now limited to 10. This prevents db errors due to too many open db instances.
- Caching system is simplified. Just on or off. In widgets: checkbox; in shortcodes: '', '0', 'off' or 'no' means no caching; anything else means caching on. Although the fact that there are separate cachefiles for logged-in and logged-out visitors, make sure you do nat cache widgets or shortcodes that may display user dependant content.