If you enable front-end upload in Table II-H1, a link will show up on album covers and thumbnail areas of albums where the current visiting user has the right to upload on.
There is also a widget available (WPPA+ Upload) for front-end upload.
In the widget you can specify an album if you want only that album to be assigned for user uploads.
In general you should set the album to: --- a selection box --- in the widget admin.
Also, make sure that the visitors can only upload to their own albums (Table VII-D1.2 ticked). Then the visitors will only see the albums in the selectionbox where they have the rights to upload to: the albums they own and albums with the owner set to ---public---.
The same functionality exists in a separate box created by a shortcode:
Optionally you can specify one or more albums in the shortcode like:
album="5.9..12" meaning albums 5,9,10,11 and 12.
If the visitor has no rights to upload (when there are no --- public --- albums and no albums owned by the visitor in the specified albums or in any albums in the default case, or the user is not logged in while you configured they should in Table II-H2), the box and/or the widget will not be displayed.
Important settings related to front-end upload
- Table II-D19 Select the location of the upload and create links.
- Table II-H1 User upload Photos: Enable frontend upload. (also required for II-H1.1, II-H1.2, II-2)
- Table II-H1.1 User upload Video: Enable frontend upload of video.
- Table II-H1.2 User upload Audio: Enable frontend upload of audio.
- Table II-H2 User upload Photos login: Frontend upload requires the user is logged in.
See also the other settings in Table II-H and VII-B.