The idea of a contest is as follows:
- A number of photographers upload one or more photos in one or more albums that are dedicated to the contest.
- They (or other people) can rate the photos according to the settings of the rating system or the temporarely settings of the specific album.
- Optionally they can also give comments to the photos, according to the settings of the comment system or the temporarely settings of the specific album.
- During the contest or after some period of time, the results can be published like the example below.
Shortcode: [wppa type="contest" album="814"]
Settings that may help you to configure/customize your contest:
- On the Photo Albums -> Album Admin -> Edit -> Edit Album Information screen you will find the following selection boxes:
- Display rating This enables you to overrule the display of the rating system and hence to possibility to enter ratings for photos in the album. To switch it on during the contest when the systemwide setting is off, or to switch it off when the contest has ended in case the default is on.
- Display comments This enables you to overrule the display of the comment system and hence to possibility to enter comments for photos in the album.
- Basic settings -> Rating -> I Item 33: Contest top creterium. Either Mean rating (default) or Total rating (the sum of all ratings).
- Basic settings -> Rating -> I Item 34: Contest photo numbering. Either --- none ---, Photo id or Sequence number. Sequence number is the actual sequence number of the photo in the album, starting at 1.
- Basic settings -> Rating -> I Item 35: Contest max ranking. To limit the number of items in the contest results display (default 10, minimum 3).
- If you have Basic settings -> Layout -> I: General layout settings -> Item 7: Area max size enabled, it will apply here too.
Note: Possible comments are shown at titles on the names of the people who rated, and will also be shown in an alertbox on click.
Here you can upload photos to the contest album yourself:
Here you can rate and comment the photos in the contest album:
You can supply an enumeration of albums or parent albums, restrict visibility to loggedin or admin users.
See the following examples:
- [wppa type="contest" album="2.5..7" login="yes"] to limit view to logged in users. This contest runs on the photos in albums 2,5,6 and 7.
- [wppa type="contest" parent="7" login="admin"] to limit view to admin. The contest runs on album 7 and all its (grand)children.